Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Fifty and Fabulous!

That is what I keep trying to tell myself as my 50th looms just around the corner. The milestone doesn't take place until April of 2013, but it seem so very close. I had lunch with a friend the other day, who is a young 48. She tells me she can't wait until she is 50! I don't know maybe they spiked the Lavender/Lemonade! When you are 30, fifty seems so far away, when you turn 40, well you still have a bit of time left to check more things off of your bucket list-like visiting Sligo Ireland, the ancient city of Petra, or climbing to Machu Picchu-just to name a few. After all life ends at 50 doesn't it? Once 50 arrives you are much too old to do all of those things you have dreamed about. I don't know, maybe it had something to do with the characters I have reenacted. Not one of them lived past the age of 50.
However, I am trying a new outlook on the milestone year, all to fast approaching. I discovered a wonderfully successful beautiful hippy chick from Australia who is living her dream by being her authentic self. Leonie Dawson is such a breath of fresh air. So in stead of waiting for the end, maybe its time to look at as the beginning.
Below is a video from Lets Bloom On-a blog for Baby Boomers. Now to give you fair warning, Jane Fonda is the speaker. Now I know she stirs up just a bit of controversy, maybe rightfully so, but my dear women friends, set aside your opinions and just listen to her words-and let me know if you are ready to begin your third chapter.

Are You Ready to Begin Your Third Chapter?

No comments:

Post a Comment